Friday, October 2, 2015

Our Directors - Jon Garrard

Jon Garrard
North Texas Performing Arts and Frisco Youth Theatre Director
BFA in Acting from Southern Methodist University


Jon Garrard is a Dallas actor who received his B.F.A in acting from Southern Methodist University.  He was in numerous student and main stage shows for SMU including Eccentricities of a Nightingale, Black Snow, Shakespeare's Star Wars, and The Burial at Thebes.  This is his first year teaching at Plano Children's Theatre and he is beyond excited to meet with and work with everyone.

Fun Facts about Jon Garrard
Favorite Role & Why: Han Solo from Shakespear Star Wars: Verily, a Lost Hope. Why? Because I go to play Han Solo!!!

Dream role you have not yet played: Arthur from Tennessee Williams' Spring Storm

Favorite Candy: Snickers (satisfy my ever continuing hunger)

Favorite Starbucks Drink: Venti Iced White Chocolate Mocha with extra shot of espresso and chocolate syrup drizzled over the top

Why do you do this? I didn't get involved with theatre until I was a sophomore in high school. I had tried so many things before then, but didn't really feel like I belonged until I was able to be part of a show. That feeling caused me to pursue theatre further, all the way to getting a degree in it from SMU. It has established confidence, love, and respect towards myself and others. I want to help kids find these values and lessons like I did, but hopefully earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment